The Jabiru J160-D is a factory built certified aircraft.
The Jabiru J160-D aircraft has been developed as a new trainer aircraft that is bigger all round. It has a wider cockpit higher cabin and more leg room. Jabiru has an Australian Type Certificate in the primary category for the J160 as well as a production certificate.
- Conventional configuration
- Designed to JAR –VLA European Airworthiness Standard
- High-winged, strut-braced monoplane with wing flaps, mass balanced elevator and in-flight adjustable trim.
- Cruise Speed @ 3050 rpm 100 knots
- Range (nil reserve) - 1030 nautical miles
- 4 stroke JABIRU 2200 cc engine designed specifically for the Jabiru aircraft.
- Gentle and predictable stall characteristics, together with light and responsive controls, make JABIRU a true sport aircraft.
- Stall speed with flaps at Gross Weight 45 KIAS
- Fully enclosed, ergonomically designed cabin with 2 doors providing ease of entry and low noise levels.
- Excellent visibility
- Side-by side fixed seating with centre controls and panel mounted throttles. Ideal for training or recreation.
- Tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel and hand operated in line hydraulic disc brakes makes ground handling a breeze.
- Excellent cross wind handling performance – 14 knots
- All composite construction removes the corrosion problem.
- Wing and power loadings provide high performance and handling, particularly in turbulence.
- Comfortable seating with easily removed covers.
- Designed for minimum maintenance. Upper and lower cowls easily removed.
- Auxiliary electronic fuel pump for ease of starting and added security in flight.
- All the engine management features of conventional GA light aircraft: Carburettor Air Heat, Dual Ignition, Pressure Compensating Carburettor – no mixture control !
- Jabiru fixed pitch wooden propeller with composite cover and urethane leading edge
- Avionics include VHF Transceiver, PM501 Intercom and headsets Transponder Altitude Encoder optional
- 6 Options for instrument Panels see: Instrument Panels
- Tinted Windscreen
- Steerable Nose Wheel
- Electrically operated flaps
- Cast aluminium 500 x 6 wheels and 6 ply tyres with spats
- Fully upholstered cockpit
- Cabin Heater
- Choice of decals and registration numbers (from the standard range)
- 135 litre fuel tanks (wing tanks & header tanks)
- Adjustable foot pedals to cater for pilots who have difficulties reaching the pedals
- Tool Kit
All specifications are quoted for a standard aeroplane with wheel spats and one standard occupant (unless stated).The product specifications and details are generally descriptive of the product shown and were correct at the time of printing. In accordance with our policy of continued product improvement, we reserve the right to vary the specifications and details at any time.