The Jabiru J230-D is the latest development of the popular Jabiru J230 factory built Light Sport Aircraft Range
Responding to customer feedback on the J230-C we have improved the J230-D in several key areas:
A thinner centre console makes better use of the interior space
J160-C style control stick is more comfortable and allows instructors a better grip.
Modifications to the instrument panels gives improved knee room.
Certifying the aircraft to ASTM 2245-06 standards allows for the option of Night-VFR operations – making a J230-D the first factory built Jabiru able to fly at night (when optioned with the Night package & VH registered).
These changes have been made without affecting the J230-C’s traditional strengths of value, reliability, simplicity, speed, comfort and Room. It still has the J230-C’s excellent interior room and a huge baggage compartment – it is the same fuselage as the J430 but the J430’s rear seats are not fitted. It can be RAA or VH registered.
- Conventional configuration
- Designed to ASTM 2245-06 Airworthiness Standard
- High-winged, strut-braced monoplane with wing flaps, mass balanced rudder & elevator and in-flight adjustable trim.
- Cruise Speed @ 2870 rpm 120 knots Range (nil reserve) - 800 nautical miles
- 4 stroke JABIRU 3300 cc engine designed specifically for the Jabiru aircraft.
- Gentle and predictable stall characteristics, together with light and responsive controls, make JABIRU a true sport aircraft.
- Stall speed without flaps at Gross Weight 45 KCAS
- Fully enclosed, ergonomically designed cabin with 3 doors providing ease of entry for baggage stowage.
- Excellent visibility
- Side-by side fixed seating with centre controls and panel mounted throttles. Ideal for training or recreation.
- Tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel and hand operated in line hydraulic disc brakes makes ground handling a breeze.
- Excellent cross wind handling performance – 14 knots
- All composite construction removes the corrosion problem.
- Wing and power loadings provide high performance and handling, particularly in turbulence.
- Removable Seat Covers.
- Designed for minimum maintenance. Upper and lower cowls easily removed.
- Auxiliary electronic fuel pump for ease of starting and added security in flight.
- All the engine management features of conventional GA light aircraft: Carburettor Air Heat, Dual Ignition, Pressure Compensating Carburettor – no mixture control !
- Jabiru fixed pitch wooden propeller with composite cover and urethane leading edge
- Avionics include VHF Transceiver, PM501 Intercom and headsets Transponder Altitude Encoder optional
- Options for instrument panels see: Instrument Panels
- Tinted windscreen
- Steerable nose wheel
- Electrically operated flaps
- Cast aluminium 500 x 6 wheels and 6 ply tyres with spats
- Fully upholstered cockpit
- Cabin Heater
- Choice of decals and registration numbers (from the standard range)
- 135 litre fuel tanks (wing tanks and header tanks)
- Optional adjustable foot pedals to cater for pilots who have difficulties reaching the pedals
- Tool Kit
Download options and order form for the J230D
Note: Jabiru Aircraft does not publish pricing information on our website. Please contact us direct for all price enquiries.
Jabiru reserves the right to change prices and specifications at any time without notice.