The Jabiru J230-D is the latest development of the popular Jabiru J230 factory built Light Sport Aircraft Range
Responding to customer feedback on the J230-C we have improved the J230-D in several key areas:
A thinner centre console makes better use of the interior space
J160-C style control stick is more comfortable and allows instructors a better grip.
Modifications to the instrument panels gives improved knee room.
Certifying the aircraft to ASTM 2245-06 standards allows for the option of Night-VFR operations – making a J230-D the first factory built Jabiru able to fly at night (when optioned with the Night package & VH registered).
These changes have been made without affecting the J230-C’s traditional strengths of value, reliability, simplicity, speed, comfort and Room. It still has the J230-C’s excellent interior room and a huge baggage compartment – it is the same fuselage as the J430 but the J430’s rear seats are not fitted. It can be RAA or VH registered.
- Conventional configuration
- Designed to ASTM 2245-06 Airworthiness Standard
- High-winged, strut-braced monoplane with wing flaps, mass balanced rudder & elevator and in-flight adjustable trim.
- Cruise Speed @ 2870 rpm 120 knots Range (at max range speed) - 675 nautical miles
- 4 stroke JABIRU 3300 cc engine designed specifically for the Jabiru aircraft.
- Gentle and predictable stall characteristics, together with light and responsive controls, make JABIRU a true sport aircraft.
- Stall speed without flaps at Gross Weight 45 KCAS
- Fully enclosed, ergonomically designed cabin with 3 doors providing ease of entry for baggage stowage.
- Excellent visibility
- Side-by side fixed seating with centre controls and panel mounted throttles. Ideal for training or recreation.
- Tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel and hand operated in line hydraulic disc brakes makes ground handling a breeze.
- Excellent cross wind handling performance – 14 knots
- All composite construction removes the corrosion problem.
- Wing and power loadings provide high performance and handling, particularly in turbulence.
- Removable Seat Covers.
- Designed for minimum maintenance. Upper and lower cowls easily removed.
- Auxiliary electronic fuel pump for ease of starting and added security in flight.
- All the engine management features of conventional GA light aircraft: Carburettor Air Heat, Dual Ignition, Pressure Compensating Carburettor – no mixture control !
- Jabiru composite scimitar propeller or fixed pitch wooden propeller with composite cover and urethane leading edge
- Avionics include VHF Transceiver, PM1000 Intercom and Headsets. Transponder Altitude Encoder optional
- Options for instrument panels see: Instrument Panels
- Tinted windscreen
- Steerable nose wheel
- Electrically operated flaps
- Cast aluminium 500 x 6 wheels and 6 ply tyres with spats
- Fully upholstered cockpit
- Cabin Heater
- Choice of decals (from the standard range)
- 135 litre fuel tanks (wing tanks and header tanks)
- Optional adjustable foot pedals to cater for pilots who have difficulties reaching the pedals
- Tool Kit
Download Pricing and Options Form for Factory Built Aircraft
Note: Prices are for the Australian Market only. Pricing information for other countries please contact Jabiru Aircraft.
Jabiru reserves the right to change prices and specifications at any time without notice.